""And whosoever receives a little child such as this on my behalf, welcomes me." - Matthew 18:5

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Green Mountain & Dinner

                                   This was the restaurant we ate at, much like the melting pot
   
                                                     Miss independant eating by herself
                                                                Yummy watermelon
                                                               At Green Mountain


                                                          Cuteness sucking on a lollipop

                                                                     Feeding the Fish

Last night the grieving was very similar to the prior nights, the only difference is that instead of sleeping with daddy, our baby girl slept with mama. In our room we have two queen size beds. So mei mei slept with daddy every night and last night she slept with me. I believe she grieves more at night when she is with me because she relates me to her foster mama. I am so thankful for the way the foster mama was taking good care of her. Mei Mei impresses me every day at what a little hero she is. She is attaching herself to the both of us and yet allows us to see her grieving little heart into the evenings. This allows me the opportunity to hold her /swaddle her tightly and love on her. I take this time to really look deep into her eyes and if anything she can feel my love for her, not necessarily understand what I am saying other than the few words in Mandarin that I have learned. I have learned how to say “Mama loves you”, I now understand when she says “Neow” (this means, potty). I know how to say come to mama “Bow, mama”. I have also started to sing her “Jesus loves me” while she is grieving. I know right now she is hurting but later on she can remember this song in her little heart and it will be soothing to her.

This morning we all woke up around 8:15am. We actually woke up kind of late and were rushing, as we were supposed to meet David down in the lobby at 10:00am. We went down for breakfast and had our usual. I am not impressed with the breakfast here at the Wharton Hotel. I hear that the breakfast at the China Hotel in Guangzhou will be a lot better. Mei Mei ate hard boiled eggs, plain congee, potato slices, fruit, yogurt and some egg roll looking thing.

We finally met up with David and the Cole family downstairs and we headed to Green Mountain.

Green Mountain Park is the most famous tourist destination in Nanning. It’s located in the southeast of Nanning. The main Peak is 289 meters above sea level. The beautiful mountains and clear waters of the Green Mountain Park Scenic are attractive to tourist. The Green Mountain has been noted as one of the ten best tourist destinations in Guangxi.

At Green Mountain Park we went to visit a Buddhist Temple. It was so interesting to see and learn about their faith. We witnessed many locals praying to their Buddha of choice. I also learned there are many Buddha’s that represent many different things such as happiness, health, peace and so many more. It allowed me to learn about other people’s belief but at the same time it gave me a deep appreciation for the one and only true GOD in my life, Jesus Christ. We bought some flowers and offered them to the master Buddha, they were very appreciative.

On the same grounds we were able to see turtles & koi fish in the waters. Mei Mei LOVES animals, especially the ones we have seen like turtles and fish. She is amazed by them. We went to another area and were able to feed the fish. This was crazy; we have never seen a frenzy of fish like we did in this area of the park…It was crazy! You will see the pictures.

Right across from where we were feeding the fish was the Pagoda House. I had never seen a Pagoda house/tower before so this was so cool. Jay, Bonnie and I climbed to the top of the tower while Herb & David stayed down at the bottom. It was so cool when we finally got to the top but there were about 15 staircases to climb and probably over 1000 steps. The climb down was a lot faster than the climb up.

Afterwards we left Green Mountain and went to Pizza Hut for lunch. The Pizza Hut in China is very different that the one in the states. The inside is much fancier, at least this one was. Also, they had a lot more of a variety than just pizza. We ordered chicken wings, pizza, and spaghetti for the girls. As usual, mei mei ate like a horse. She is such a good eater.

After lunch, David had to leave to go to the Notary to pick up our documents. So the Cole family and ourselves stayed at the mall to walk around for a bit and then we took a taxi back to our hotel.

It was a laid back afternoon. Isabella fell asleep on our way back to the hotel and took a 2 hr. nap. She woke up crying and sad. It took her about 1.5 hours to snap out of it. I took her a warm bath; she hates it when I wash her hair. Then I gave her dinner. She ate Raman noodles, and a yogurt drink. She LOVES to eat candy.

Tomorrow afternoon we head to Guangzhou province. This is our last leg of our trip and then we are headed back to the United States with our girl. Thank you all for all the prayers, they were truly heard. We are blessed!

3 comments:

  1. I'm loving the photos. When we were in China Todd went to the Buddhist Temple without Emma and I as we were both not feeling well. I love that pink sweater in Isabella, i'm glad it fits her. Got plenty of pics with Em in that. Emma hated her hair washed and bathes for a while, until she got use to the pool. Safe travels and we hope to see you before Christmas...we will gave you time with your family. Hugs, from the 4 of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Counting the days till you are all back HOME! Love all your post, and I am so happy to hear that she is bonding so well to the both of you. Wait till she gets home and sees she has 2 bothers waiting on her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your beautiful daughter!
    i recognize the pink sweater :-). It has now been to China four times. My friend took it for her daughter, she passed it on to me and I took it for my daughter. I passed it on to Sherri, who took it for Emma. I see she passed it on to you and your Mei Mei was wearing it in China.
    Michaela
    Orlando, FL

    ReplyDelete