""And whosoever receives a little child such as this on my behalf, welcomes me." - Matthew 18:5

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Out and about in Downtown Hong Kong


This morning I was up by 7:30am after falling asleep around 5:00am.  Our bodies are slowly beginning to adjust to China time. Today was a free day for Herb and I, as the rest of group 1938 from CCAI will be arriving sometime today to the hotel.
We took the shuttle bus from the hotel at 9:30am and headed to downtown Hong Kong. It was pretty much like NYC, very busy with a lot of people and lots and lots of stores. For those who like shopping, you all would have thought you died and went to heaven.

After a few hours, I was ready to come back to the hotel. I didn’t shop though, because I know that in China things are a lot cheaper. Hong Kong is very westernized and it’s almost like being in the United States and almost everyone speaks English. The prices of clothing equal about the same as the U.S., if not more.
The only thing we did buy when we entered the market place (another word for supermarket) was bread, chips and some sprite, lol. It was pretty uneventful. There were some really annoying salespeople who would spot Herb from a mile away and want him to walk into their store – most of them were tailors.  Ugh!  After the 2nd one it got real annoying.

I found a park that we decided to walk through and we are glad we did.  It was pretty and took us away for a few minutes from the noise of the city. I will post some pictures of our day.

We got back to the hotel around 3:00pm and now we are just relaxing. Maybe we will go through a stroll somewhere by the hotel later into the evening.

Looking forward to going to Victoria Peak, Resolve Bay & Fisherman’s Village tomorrow with our group. I will try and take pictures tomorrow of our CCAI group.



Entering Kowloon Park


Herb buying bread, chips & sprite at the market place.


6 comments:

  1. Great pics!!! Oh yes, I had forgotten about stores and sales help. Since they have more than a billion people, employees have to try really hard in order to keep their jobs. Most retails stores will have 1 or 2 salespeople following you around just in case you have any questions. This is very normal.

    I liked the Charlie Brown Cafe....how cool!! Glad you guys are having a good time. I can't wait to hear more. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish when we were there in HK, we had time to tour....but we arrived at 8:30pm and were heading out bright and early to board our plane back home, so it wasn't in the works for us. It's so nice to see the both of you on the other side of the world and i'm so glad you have internet service. Love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like I would have had a BLAST shopping! As you know, I LOVE shopping. Glad you guys had a nice time. Pictures are great. Keep them coming. I'm heading out for a few hours now .. it is 9:46am here, but when I return I will turn on my Tango so we can chat if you like. I do not want to call cause you guys might be sleeping, but if you can't sleep call me :) Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like your having fun! The day is getting closer and closer :) I look forward to reading more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your status just now gave me butterflies... I came rushing back to your blog to see if you updated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I showed all the kids the pictures. They thought they were pretty cool. They all said YUCK to the duck. LOL! Countdown is on for Isabella! We ALL can't wait!

    ReplyDelete