""And whosoever receives a little child such as this on my behalf, welcomes me." - Matthew 18:5

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Arriving in Hong Kong - Day 1






Nov. 28, 2012

Today started off really early. We didn’t get to bed until 1:00am and we were up by 4:00am doing last minute packing and getting ready to head out to Ft. Myers airport (RSW). We got to the airport around 5:30ish. Checked in our bags, got our boarding passes and headed towards our gate. Our big boy drove us to the airport.  We hugged and said our goodbyes and this mama was so sad... Gosh, I HATE leaving our boys behind. I almost started to cry. This is the first time in Seth’s entire life that we have been apart, my mom told me that when he woke up this morning, he asked for me and mom told him that we went to China to pick up Isabella.  He didn’t believe her. He walked to the other room calling my name, after a few minutes though, she said he was ok.

Our flight to Chicago took about 3 hours. It was a pretty fair flight, a little bit of turbulence but not bad. I slept almost the whole flight. When we got to O’Hare (Chicago) airport, Herb and I went to have breakfast and then we got on the tram to head to our terminal. Thank GOD we had a 4 hr. layover because we spent about 1.5hr at the security checkout. Everything so far is going well.  We are now sitting at our gate getting ready to board “Hong Kong” bound at 2:00pm. We should be arriving in Hong Kong tomorrow night 7:55pm (China Time) 9:00am (USA Time). Until then, keep us in your prayers for safe travels!

Still Nov. 28, 2012 (It is now 6:03pm – USA Time) we are on Cathay Pacific Airlines, still on our way to Hong Kong. I have to say that this airline is AMAZING!  OMG’osh!  We are in the economy section of the plane and the seats are like recliners, and every seat has a personal TV in front of them. You can track the trip to Hong Kong and it tells you how much longer you have, how far is the distance (which is right now 6,344 miles away), what is the current time and temperature and the current time from the original place you departed from. Attached to the TV is a cellular phone with a keypad on the opposite side where you can scroll through the TV like a remote. You have many things you can choose from like movies (new releases) comedy, drama, family films and even kids’ activities.. You can choose to watch TV programs and even listen to music, it’s totally awesome. I am grateful because at least I know that I can keep Isabella busy with some kid’s films like Finding Nemo or such others. I can even choose the language, so maybe I can even put in Chinese and she will understand it, this is so so cool!

As soon as we took off they gave us a choice of a drink and some peanuts and then shortly after they served us dinner. It was yummy. You had a choice of Salmon, Pasta or Chicken. Herb & I choose the chicken dinner; it came with white rice, a dinner roll, fruit and vanilla ice-cream for dessert. Now our tummies are full and they have dimmed the lights.

The current time right now in China is 7:15am. Isabella should be waking up soon to have her normal day.  Little does she know that in just 4 more days, her life is going to change forever, and so is ours.

The majority of the people on board are Asian and its starting to really sink in that we are closer and closer to our sweet baby girl. Herb & I kept seeing little baby girls and we couldn’t help but think of Isabella. All the unknown questions that we have about her young life, what her personality is like? Her likes and dislikes? How things are going to go on Gotcha Day?

OMG’osh, we can’t wait!

Well, that’s it for now. We expect to be arriving in Hong Kong at 7:55pm or sooner (Thursday night). As soon as we get into the hotel and settled, I will work on the computer system to get everything up and ready for blogging. Until then, I will leave you with some pictures that I took on the airplane..

8 comments:

  1. Praying for all of you! Praying that God is already working on her little heart to replace the fear she will feel with some peace in her new forever family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ileana and Herb!! This is Thessa Dawson, from FB Land. I am so happy to be able to follow along on your blog, as you travel to meet precious Isabella. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. I pray for you to know God's presence, peace and joy during this time. I pray that Isabella's transition to family life be an easy one, that God would bless her little heart and mind with supernatural peace. Oh, Ily!!! It's really happening!! Your dream is coming true. XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, thanks for the text yesterday afternoon....I just can't stop thinking about my dearest friends. Can you believe your in Hong Kong right now? Seems like you got there in a flash...lol. Now my heart will be set on your blog for the next 2 weeks and I can't wait to show the family your updates and photos...little Isabella will be with you before you know it, it will happen in a blink of an eye! Love you guys and may God watch over you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ily & Herb,

    Our family is so excited for this huge addition coming into your family (and ours). I love God's faithfullness. I know she will be a dream come true. I'm so looking forward to hearing about your time in China and your experiences. Take in every second of it so that you can one day tell her about the greatness of her birth country. Prayers will continue until you are all home. Love you both, and of course, Miss Isabella, also.

    Love,


    Munny

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the call this morning. Was so happy to know that you had a good flight and were now safe in your beautiful hotel. So exciting!! Will continue to follow on here, and talk soon. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your flight to China was good. I have been praying for you all. I am excited for you and your family. Keep keeping us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sound like you guys had a great start to your journey. So excited and happy for you.

    ReplyDelete