""And whosoever receives a little child such as this on my behalf, welcomes me." - Matthew 18:5

Friday, August 24, 2012

Referral Day

REFERRAL DAY - JUNE 25, 2012

We received a call from C.C.A.I at 1:00pm to tell us that we have "a daughter", our representative from the Fl. office spoke to me and asked me if my husband was home so we can listen to the call together. I told her that my husband was at work and that I would fill him with the details. She told me if I had access to a computer, that she would email me the picture of our daughter. My hands were shaking and my heart was beating fast. I quickly logged into my email and opened it up and this is the face I saw.

As soon as I saw this cute little face, I thought, "OMG! She is so cute!", but what caught my attention the most was the "HAIR", OMW, "THE HAIR", she reminded me so much of my husband, she actually looked alot like my hubbie, when it came to the hair and eyes. She has light skin like me. I was delighted, over the moon happy and feeling like I was touched by the grace of God.

Once I was able to get over the picture, I still had our Fl. representative on the other line, to which I heard her say, "Mrs. Bosch, do you have a pen and paper available so I can give you all her information?" and I immediately began to jot down all the info that she had readily available for me.

"Your daughter's name is: Lin Yong Mei (Lin) is the last name and it is given to every child in the orphanage based on the province they are from. (Yong) means a form of expression or Narrate in Poetic Form. (Mei) means Pleasing, Charming. Her D.O.B is April 19, 2011. She is from the Guangxi Province, and the name of the Orphanage she is from is Yulin City Yuzhou District Social Welfare Center but is currently in Foster Care throught the G&H program and has been in foster care since Aug 26, 2011 (so basically she was in the orphanage for only 3 mths before she was placed in foster care. They went on to discuss all the medical background and our daughter is perfectly healthy.

Our daughter was found abandoned on May 19, 2011 (I am assuming she was about 4 weeks old at the time of abandonment), she was left at the side door of a public market. The name of the market was called "Huaniao" and the road the market is on is called "Renminvhong". Hubbie and I plan to visit this market place after we get to China to take pictures.

Also, our Fl. representative informed us that the orphanage stated that at the time of referral she was 14mths old, and she could do the following things: Rollover, sit, grab small things, makes sounds at people and things, she gets excited when she see's a milk bottle, she can tear paper, Happy when her needs are met, she is lively and very easy to get along with.

So, our call ended. I was in shock and over the moon with happiness. My next post, I will go into what happened on June 26, stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to meet our beautiful niece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! She does look like Herb! :D Can't wait for more pictures and for all the stories about her and your journey! :D -Andrea H.

    ReplyDelete